Friday, April 24, 2009

"I FEEL PRETTY, OH SO PRETTY"



"BITTER TASTING"


SHAME on you,
for what you said,

for "honesty",
the "truth"

a LOVELY girl,
i was your WIFE!

you made me
hate my youth



you "LIKED" me but

"as far as LOVE,

and this is REALLY tough...

though you're THE BEST,

i feel,

you're just not

BEAUTIFUL enough"



why even on our "honeymoon"
it took no time
for you to swoon
at pretty girls
most everywhere

i should have LEFT you
then
and there


you wanted
what you didn't have

so i was out
i guess

why to this day
you're SIMPLE

and your mind
grows less
and less

your looks have faded
haven't they?

so CRUEL
what time can do

but then
you know that "saying"
that
"it all comes back to you"

it took another marriage
most unfortunate,
but true

for me to realize
that i was
far too good
for you

too many of my "pretty" years
were spent with you
i'm sad to say

and sometimes
when i'm
insecure
your words
still HAUNT me
to this day

nicole
4/23/09