Friday, October 2, 2009

YES, I'M STILL KICKIN...WELL SORT OF...


Though one would have to wonder at this point...


Remember when I used to write 3 entries/week? Well, obviously those days are on hold right now...Believe me, it's not from a lack of interest...As they say, I am "running as fast as I can", these days/nights....

Therein lies the problem and/or change...


Working nights is not that hard...It's the days/nights off that are difficult...


The adjustment is quite difficult and fatiguing...


I find myself just working and sleeping all of the time...In between those two activities I try my best to meet friends for dinner, go out of town, and generally just try to barely meet the minimum when it comes to keeping up with life's necessities...


I've actually been late with bills sometimes, NOT because I don't have the money, but because I am lost in this tunnel- like existence, and paying the bills is a more difficult endeavour than it used to be!


Now...enough of that...Blah..Blah...Blah


Your took the job...you deal with it...


Problem is...the job which should not be THAT difficult at this point, is harder than it should be, due to the recently promoted individual that is over me...


For one thing....he never sees me, so his judgements are unfounded at best...


For another....he doesn't like me....


Oh well...sort of been there and done that at this point...


Surely it will get better...


My relationship with fellow employees is definitely improved...


But this guy that's over me...Bad news to say the least


Too bad he's an egotistical, young , inexperienced Sap....(they make the worst managers...)


If you are a person that can kiss___ on a regular basis and still come home and look at yourself with respect in the mirror, then you probably do well with these types...


My problem is, like so many others, that this is a difficult endeavour for me, and always has been...


I don't even mind kissing ___if I respect the person, but when I don't...it's tough...


Oh well...just like you can't pick you Mother-In-Law, you can't pick you boss....


Ah...some things in life just NEVER change...They are like the wind, clouds, sun, moon...they are and always will be THERE...


Let's face it...This particular problem/situation has been around as long as JELLO and possibly even longer!


Just got back from visiting Austin last week. I have not been there is so many years that I do not recall having been there at all!


I DID see "THE VELVEETA CLUB"...This is a club where I had actually gotten a job with the comedy troupe that I was a part of...We were supposed to play there on Friday and Saturday nights...Considering that it was a good 4 hour drive away, I'm not sure that it would have ever worked out...I quit about that time, but I'm pretty sure that the troupe never performed there...It was kinda cool to see it anyway...Of course it was a dump, which all comedy clubs should be....


My purpose of going to Austin was to see my older son...I have not seen him for a year....I also met his "partner".....


His partner, I was warned before meeting him, was an "artist" and tattooed from head to foot as well as having these outrageously large holes in his ears...(believe they are called "gauged"'')


I cannot begin to tell you how many frightening images and exposed nerve cells that I experienced before meeting him...


I was so freaked out that I practiced "aversion therapy" before I met him, by pulling up the most bizarre and frightening images on the Internet that I could find of tattooed and "gauged" individuals...

I do believe that this helped me, as upon meeting him, he was not even CLOSE to being as scary as anything that I had viewed....What immediately calmed me was that he had these very kind and gentle eyes...I was smitten at once....Turns out that he was a very nice young man, very intelligent, and he is crazy about my son....I know that most of you might "wince" when one says that, but it is interesting how when things in your life are not anything like the "Cleavers" or the "Waltons", you eventually DO adjust your way of viewing things...

In the end, you, like all parents, want your child to be with someone that appreciates and loves them....My son is not an "easy" person to love...He is extraordinary in so many ways, but is not "easy"....I understand that it must take a lot of patience and understanding at times, and this young man appears to have that...First impressions, of course, are just that...Time is a much bigger talker...


I took one of my best friend with me, and we stayed at the "Driskill hotel"...

Fabulous and HAUNTED...Full of amazing history from WAY BACK...Unbelievably gorgeous.....Check it out...www.driskillhotel.com


We looked for ghosts, but did not meet any...On the other hand, my son went up to my room
to obtain an antacid, and he took the wrong elevators, got lost, ended up in an empty eerie ballroom, the elevator doors shut, and he claims that he saw and heard from a ghost, but was so upset when he returned to us from my room, that he was unable to elaborate...Of course, when he left, my friend and I retraced his steps and saw nothing...Uh...except another small group of ghost seekers, that is...Three guys that were not staying at the hotel..
They freaked me out more than any ghost could have...


I also got a chance to see a wonderful friend while there, and she met us for dinner one night...and just a bit of dancing afterwards...just my two friends and I....It was fun and a bit crazy...We all overdid it a bit, but it was a good time for all...


My son and I had a wonderful visit...Austin is truly an "artsy" kind of place, which I love...Of course everyone wants to live there...I can see why...

We went to a lot of interesting art and antique shops, but there was not a lot of time...With less than three full days there, some of those places will have to be seen on my return there...I plan on going 4 or 5 times/year, as I don't want there to be another long absence...


Life is far too short for such a thing...


I had truly missed my son...Even though things have been tough, and still can be, I was so glad for the opportunity to see him and spend a bit of time together...He was at his "best"...When he is at his "best" there is no one better...

He seems to be feeling well right now....He has been to his first clinic visit, and things look good at this point...I am thankful for that...He has to work too much, of course, but in some ways I think
that it is good for him to do so...He thrives in the public....(An entertainer just like his Mom)

So what travels are next? Well just about my favorite...My return to Boston in November...It has been a year since I first visited and fell deeply in love with the place...

It is the ultimate escape place for me..I love everything about it...(yes...even the people...)

There is a very special Art Extravaganza that occurs during my visit, and I simply cannot wait...Of course then there is the Boston Symphony and The Isabella Gardner Museum, two of my favorite things EVER....If Heaven is anything like the Boston Symphony or the Garden Courtyard at the Isabella, then it certainly will be everything that I have ever imagined it to be...

My hotel there is so cool that I will save my assessment of it upon my return...I just know that any hotel room with a fireplace that automatically lights up with a control button is "my kinda place!"

(I experienced that in a Seattle hotel room, and I felt like I was in one of those early James
Bond films...If you've never seen "To Russia with Love", you gotta check out the gadgets..)

I am hoping for cool weather and good health (don't even get me started about the "plague"... Far too much of it around...)

Begins to make one feel uncomfortable...Sitting in a car dealership today, waiting for my car to be serviced, a girl start sneezing, and I find myself jumping up to leave the room...In my fantasies, I am going up to the girl and inquiring, "Are you sick? How dare you come out in public, sick!"...

Needless to say, one can get a bit paranoid...It just appears to be SO catching...Everyone that I know who has been exposed, comes down with it within just a few hours of exposure...Bit scary....


I will spend a few days, (my 4 days off), in December, back in San Francisco...I have never seen
the Wharf and Union Square all "lit up" for Christmas, and I hear that it is absolutely
gorgeous...I will stay in the same place that I stayed last visit...I cannot believe the "deals" that I have been able to get the last few trips...Taking Boston out of the picture (yeah, like New York
they want the big bucks), the beautiful hotels in San Francisco and Austin have been super-deals that even I cannot believe...Think it has something to do with the amount of time that one
researches, and then just knowing the many ways that "deals" can be gotten...I also really
love to research a vacation destination....A hobby of sorts really....(Hmm...maybe I should
consider a less expensive hobby?)

Naw...it's all good...Overtime may not be good for the body, but it pays for the trips...barely....


More later....















1 comment:

June said...

About the job....hang in (as if you have a choice, I imagine). It'll get better. Or you'll get used to it. One day (I'm here to tell you!) you'll realize that it has gotten better.
Been there. Done that.