Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Morning After


I think there was a movie entitled "The Morning After" with Jane Fonda many years ago, which was about her character's problem with her alcohol consumption...get it? Hangovers...the morning after? Well it's not as though that has never happened to me, but that is not what I am referring to as "The Morning After"...
Yesterday was simply one of those days better appreciated if one had just somehow been able to stay in bed and put the covers over their head...I will do a "Cliff Notes" on this one, as I have an appointment, and don't have enough time to go on and on (the way I usually indulge myself.)
They did not call at 5 am yesterday morning, work was so horrific that I had to stop and take some "time outs" to take some deep breaths so I would not cry, and I DID cry all the way home, (this being the very worst job I could have ever imagined having in my entire life...as I said a quick version, but you get the point), and then to my great relief, there was something happy waiting for me at home, that being the winning night of the Westminster Dog Show (the Academy Awards show for Dogs and people who love them...i.e. me). So, here I am, on the couch, ready to leave my day from Hell behind me ( sort of), and low and behold, the sirens go off...Why? There's a tornado coming! Winds are suddenly shifting everything, small hail is upon us, my Son is mad at me because I am not in the hallway crouched down, but instead watching the weather on television, pissed that they have blocked the "CROWNING OF THE NEW WINNER OF WESTMINSTER!!!!!"...Of course, the tornado passed us, and I barely got to see our new precious winner, the oldest of all time, 10 years old, and he almost died 4 years ago, but lived to see his coronation!!!!! Hmmm...fitting evening to a day that would make the most positive person want to find a rock to hide under or use it on a couple of coworkers ( alright, no I did not mean that...to hide under...I meant that)....More later...At least my hair will look better as I write my next post, if that is any concession....If you're gonna be miserable, at least have a headfull of newly highlighted hair! God knows I probably had to work in Hell for at least 4 hours to afford it, so I am going to fully enjoy the experience, besides, my hairdresser loves me, and he will make me feel better! There!

2 comments:

Lobster Gram Recipe Blog said...

I just noticed the Warhol, Degas, Monet and Dali art to the left...outstanding collection. I myself collect prints of Monet and Degas.
Great taste girl!

Nicole said...

Thanks Nikki...I adore art, and when I am ANYWHERE, one of the first things that I do is to check out their art museums..
Obviously you have great taste as well..Takes one to know one, as they say!