Wednesday, March 4, 2009

GHASTLY GREED



Watching CNN tonight, and hearing about the former THREE TOP EXECUTIVES of Merrill Lynch, before Bank of America bought the company...


They KNEW that their company was going down the tubes..
They knew what the effect would be on the employees...on the investors...


They STILL helped themselves to BONUSES of up to THIRTY SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS a piece....

Horrific...Pitiful....So WRONG on so many levels, as they say


My understanding of PSYCHOPATHS, has always been that they are VOID of Normal Human Feelings and Emotions...


Like GUILT, for example..
Probably how they can kill over and over, and still sleep soundly at night...

Why did this news remind me of that? Hmmm..
So similar, it seems to me...

They are going to be supened, yet there is really no law against GREED.
They will, most likely, not be charged with anything.....
No FORMAL punishment

I suppose there is nothing about GREED on the Law Books..

It would be difficult to charge them..

Even for this kind of PREMEDITATED AND CRIMINAL GREED


I think of the man that was praised during President Obama's Public Address to Congress the other night...
A man that when he realized that his company was failing, SHARED HIS BONUS with his long time employees...



I doubt that it was even as much money, but he CHOSE to share it...

Is the overall makeup of this man just so different than the other three?



Did these three just LOSE THEMSELVES along the way, amidst the LIMOS, PENTHOUSES, PRIVATE SCHOOLS, ASTRONOMICAL EXPENSE ACCOUNTS, ETC?


Remember the movie, "The Devil's Advocate?"...Powerful film...


I can't help but imagine that at least one of these former executives HAS TO FEEL REMORSE..

Am I naive?

I just don't understand how someone could live with themselves after such action...

Actually they're all probably lying on a white glistening beach somewhere in Bali...

Ordering lots of Pina Coladas

If I were one of them, I'd be ordering straight Scotch, and lots of them...

That way I would just pass out and not have to think about it..

Oh, I KNOW...I KNOW...Who am I to judge others? (nobody...just me..why don't you just post some recipes and get on with it...)

I know that I should just concern myself with my own conscious...

My own soul...



I'm obviously still having to work on that...

3 comments:

MJ said...

Then you have Bernie Maddoff. He stole almost
50 billion from investors. They showed a 90 year old man having to work at Starbucks because all of his money is gone. Then Maddoff says he wants to keep his 35 million dollar penthouse.
They sent Martha Stewart to jail for a hook up and this guy is under house arrest after stealing
billions!

Nicole said...

Not to mention the fact that Starbucks could go under, it is closing many of its stores as we speak, and then the 90 year old man could lose his job! (Where would he get another job?)
Of course it makes me sick to think that someone 90 years old has to work anyway, (though often it is quite healthy to still have something to involve yourself in...)
Yes, he wants to keep his penthouse...
Is that really possible?
WOW!

MJ said...

I know. I personally think they should wipe out all the accounts they can find for him and his family. Then throw them all in jail! He was mailing checks in the millions to his family members before he got arrested. Did you know that he had been the Nasdaq chairman?